How to organize your files into folders
All about the folders: create new and nested folders, or add, replace, move, merge and duplicate files.
Create a folder in your library
- On the web app, click on the + button next to Upload in the sidebar.
- Select New Folder from the list. This will create a folder in whichever Library you are currently in.
📌 When you upload similar files consecutively, Jumpshare collects them in a folder automatically and opens the folder on the web app for you to rename.
Add more files to a folder
- Open the folder on the web app and click on the big Add Files button on the left sidebar.
- Browse through your computer to select the files you want.
- Click Open to upload them to Jumpshare.
Can I create a nested folder?
Yes! You can create as many nested folders as you like.
- Open the folder and use the + button to make a new folder.
- If you want to add some of the files existing in the folder into a new one, click on the check box on the left corner of the file.
Merging files inside a folder
You can merge files to automatically add them to a nested folder.
- Hover over your files and check the box that appears on the top left.
- Check all the files you want to merge into a folder.
- Click on the Merge button on the top right of the window.
- Name your folder, and click Merge.
Copy or Move files between folders
- Select the files you want to move and then click on the Copy/Move button that appears on the top right.
- Choose the folder you want to copy or move your file to from the pop-up box that appears.
- Then click on the Move button. You can copy or move files between your Personal and Team libraries through this as well.
Delete files or folders
On the web app,
- Hover over your file/folder and check the box in the top left corner.
- Head to the Delete button at the top right of the window.
- Select Delete from the pop-up that appears to confirm the choice.
On the desktop app,
- Hover over your file till the button with three dots appears.
- Click on it and choose Delete from the menu that appears.
What happens if I upload a file with the same file name as another?
Jumpshare allows you to replace your file with a new one without breaking the share link.
- To replace a file, upload the same file with the same name and file extension and a popup will appear asking what action you would like to perform.
- It will give you three choices - Replace, Duplicate, and Cancel.
- Click Replace and it will upload the file and replace the existing version with the new version.
- If you select Duplicate, it will create a copy of the file with a number to distinguish it from the existing file.
📌 You can Favorite files for faster access. Learn how to do that here.