How to add a custom thumbnail to your video
Get your video thumbnail sorted with a little help: adding a static or animated thumbnail, or embedding it on a webpage.
If you are a Jumpshare Business or Plus user then Jumpshare's animated and static thumbnails are a great way to give your viewers a sneak peek into what your shared videos are about. Make them curious about what's coming in the video.
How do I add an image thumbnail to my video?
- Upload the video to your Personal Library and click on it to open it in the file viewer.
- Click on the Thumbnail feature near the top of the sidebar.
- When you click on it, the video thumbnail options will appear.
- Click on the Static thumbnail option. You get the options of keeping the default static thumbnail, choosing an image from the video, or importing an image from your computer.
📌 Uploaded images can only be in PNG or JPG format and smaller than 5MB.
How do I add an animated thumbnail?
In pretty much the same way you might add a static thumbnail.
- Click on the Thumbnail feature in the sidebar and choose the Animated thumbnail option.
- You can use the default thumbnail, or pick a part of your video for Jumpshare to make a 3-second animation out of it.
- Finally, you can upload a GIF file for your animated thumbnail from your computer if it's smaller than 1 MB.
How to embed a thumbnail to your webpage
- Click on your file to open it in the file viewer.
- Click on Share at the top right of the Jumpshare window.
- Once the Share box opens, head to the Embed tab.
- Click on the Copy thumbnail button to copy it to your clipboard so that you can post it to your desired webpage.
- You can also Copy thumbnail code to embed it on your webpage.