How to trim your video
Learn all about trimming your videos with Jumpshare here.
Available for Jumpshare Enterprise, Business and Plus
The video trimmer is one of the three video editing tools that Jumpshare offers users in the Jumpshare file-viewer. It allows you to trim your videos to make them more legible and is designed to be easy to use.
Here's a small walkthrough:
How do I trim my video?
- Upload the video you want to trim into your Jumpshare library.
- Click on it to open it in the Jumpshare file-viewer.
- You'll find the video editing toolbox in the sidebar that appears on the right side of the file-viewer.
- Click on the Trim feature to open the Trim box in the sidebar.
- Use time-stamps to define what parts of the video you want to keep or drag the orange dividers over the video timeline to manually select which parts to cut out.
- Once you're happy with what you've got, press Publish. The Trim box will disappear and your video would have been automatically updated in the file viewer, and your library.
📌 Orange timeline means that part of the video will be Trimmed out. Press Trim to finalize the cut, and keep trimming until all the unnecessary bits are out. You can also Undo a trim if you've made a mistake.
How do I revert my trimmed video to the original?
- Open your trimmed video in the Jumpshare file-viewer.
- Head to the top right corner of your screen and click on the button with the three dots.
- Select Version History from the list that opens. Jumpshare will then open all previous versions of the file for you, along with the current one. V1 would be the original file.
- Click on the cogwheel icon that appears when you hover over the original file. Click on it to show a list containing Restore and Download options.
- The Restore button will update your original version as the current version of the file.